Friday, May 4, 2012

Gen 3: Chapter Four

Kya, beautiful Kya. We chatted by the pond until we ran out of words. I invited her inside for something cold to drink. But once we were away from the prying eyes of my neighbors, I grabbed a hold of her. She put up no protest as we kissed our way up the stairs.

  
...
Julio: What the hell?!
Hearing your father's voice while being intimate with a woman is like having cold water dumped on you. Kya quickly pulled on a shirt while I fumbled around for my shorts. Dad just stood there with his arms crossed. Crap, you would think we were teenagers all over again.  

Julio: What are you thinking, Miguel? 
Miguel: I am a grown man, Dad. You can't tell me what to do anymore, remember?
Julio: Wrong. I am your father AND the head of this legacy right now. You have a duty to this family and by golly you will see it through. What are you doing messing around with her again? 
Miguel: Dang it, Dad. I will not answer to you for my decisions. Now back off!
 I stormed out of the room in search of Kya.

My searching led me to the kitchen. By then, I had time to think things through. And as much as I hated to admit it, Dad was right.

 I had already planned to follow through with this legacy thing and Kya was distracting me all to hell. Guess it was time to cut ties ... not like there weren't more fish in the sea, right? 

 I watched her face as I explained to her everything I had been leaving out. My responsibilities, the legacy, and even about Bella. 
 I steeled myself for her heart-broken pleas and teary-eyed insults. But none came. I started to get nervous.
Kya: I... kinda already knew all that, about the legacy and stuff. I was counting on it.
Miguel: What? What do you mean?
I watched as she got up to pace the floor. Something didn't feel right. What was she hiding?
Kya: I got pregnant that night, when I was just 16. You have a son, Miguel. You have an heir.

I was floored. To have a son and not even know about him.
Miguel: Why didn't you ever mention this before? I mean we ... we've been seeing each other and ... talking. Hell, the kids birthday party. It was his, wasn't it?
I began pacing around just as Kya had been doing. But now I was working on a mad.
Miguel: Wait, you knew I was part of a legacy? Since when?

 Kya: I knew that night at the vamp bar. People were whispering. And my life was so miserable I thought if I could have your child I ...
Miguel: ...Could get out of Bridgeport? I couldn't marry you, Kya. You knew that. And why wait so long?

Kya: My dreams are big, Miguel. I bore you a child worthy of this legacy now I want whats due me. Take the boy in and give me ten grand. You will never see me again and you can marry your  precious Bella. 
I couldn't believe what I was hearing! She had waited until I was rich again to present the child we had made together in order to get money to fund her dreams? 

 Kya: You don't have to get all the money to me at once. I am moving to Starlight Shores after this gig at Appaloosa so I can write down my address and we can arrange...

 Miguel: You planned it oh so perfectly, didn't you? Well, I am not taking him in! I am not sure he is even mine to begin with. I mean, you were sooo free with your favors.
Kya: Damn you! He IS yours. And if you don't make a deal with me, your sweet Bella will know all about me and our son. The son you are throwing to the curb!

 Miguel: You dare to threaten me? My mother works in the warehouse district. Do you know where that is?
Kya: Miguel, I think you misunderstood. I was not threatening ...
Miguel: Yes, I believe you were. And her friends could make you disappear in a heartbeat. Now take your stupid ass and your pack of lies...

 Kya: They are NOT lies. Dameon is your son! 
Miguel: Shut up! Stop saying that or so help me...
Kya: Fine! I thought you would be different, more understanding about your own blood. But I see I have made a mistake. And all it cost me was a lousy lay in the bed.
Kya: Don't think I will let this stand. As much trouble as that boy has cost me, I will see I am repaid. Make no mistake about that. 
Miguel: I don't care what you do with the little bastard. Just get out of my house. NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment