Monday, May 21, 2012

Gen 3: Chapter Eight

 Life has been trudging along. I will celebrate my birthday in a few days with a small intimate gathering and, if I am lucky, a hot roll in the sheets with Vicki.

 Miguel: All those filthy fleas won't be biting you anymore, huh, guy? Yes. Oh, you want me to tell you more about Vicki, Max? Well, she's blonde, beautiful, and barely legal.

 Despite being almost at the top of my profession, work has been slow. I have taken to searching the closed shops for spirits to sell to the science department to make some extra bucks. I had just stepped into the salon when I heard a beautiful voice singing to the slow strum of a guitar.

 Wanting to catch her attention, I pulled out my scanner and started to walk about pretending to work. Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed the way the guitar rested against her bare stomach. I imagine my hands running over her smooth flesh as she whispers my name. Shit, I had called it quits with Ivy two weeks ago and my body was in overdrive.
 Vicki: You are the infamous Miguel Montoya, famous paranormal activity guru, right?
Miguel: Why yes I am. You recognized me, huh?
She looked down at my scanner and smirked.
Vicki: It's kinda hard to mistake that thing for anything else.
I pretended to be embarrassed and shuffled my feet. Just as I hoped, she tried to make me feel better by talking some more.
 Fifteen minutes later, we were both laughing at something she had said. 
Vicki: Wow, time does fly when you are having fun. Too bad I have to head home.

 Miguel: Hey, I can give you a lift. I am pretty much done for the night.
Vicki: Oh really, that would be wonderful. I live just a few blocks over. That way I don't have to carry my guitar all that way.
I smiled to myself as I placed my hand at the small of her back to lead her out of the salon. 

 Miguel: And you know what else, Max? She gave me her number and said to call any time. I'm a lucky son of a bitch, right? All right guy, you're done. Let get you dried off so I can head to bed.

 I walked into my room and stared down at Bella's sleeping form. So long ago, it seemed, I had been hopeful for an heir from her. But here we are, two miscarriages later, and we are still childless. It hurt me to think of Bella's pain. So I ignored it and climbed into bed beside her.

 Miguel: Bella!
My breath was coming in quick pants. I looked about the room and could see in the dim light that Bella was not beside me in the bed. Maybe she had to use the bathroom but what had startled me out of sleep?

 Maybe I should just go back to sleep and ignore this need to make sure Bells is OK. I sigh as I push the covers down and swing my legs off the bed. I will feel like such an idiot if she just went to go pee.

 Bella: OK, Mike. Thanks for calling. I be over as soon as possible. Bye.
Miguel: Bells. Bella? Whats the matter, Baby? Talk to me.
I couldn't see her face. And a phone call from her brother at 4 am could not be good news.

 Bella: Momma died two hours ago. The doctor said there was nothing wrong with her. She had just .. given up.
Jocasta, dead? I couldn't believe it. First her Dad right before the wedding, now her mother. But she wouldn't look at me. Something else was up.
 Miguel: What aren't you telling me?
She gestured to the sink behind her. That's when I noticed the pregnancy test and timer. I was torn between being hopeful and feeling anger at The Watcher's timing. Bella sniffled. I watched her silent tears slide down her cheeks. Those tears hurt my insides worse than anything on this earth.
Bella: Its positive. I'm pregnant, again.
  
 Miguel: I know now is not the best time to find out, but it's not something to be ashamed about.
Bella: I was so happy when I saw those two lines. I thought this would give Momma something to live for. But then Mike called and now...
Miguel: Bella, we are going to follow all the doctor's advice this time. You are going to quit your job, and I promise to help you out with whatever you need. Starting with tucking you back into bed while I call Michael and start making arrangements. 
She was as docile as a lamb as I led her back to our room. I heard another door close softly in the hall. Dameon must have heard everything as well.
 Three days later, we buried Jocasta right next to her husband. Bella was a wreck and refused to eat or even care for herself. It was no surprise that she lost this baby as well. Her friends started taking turns, stopping by to keep her company. But most times she just sat and stared at the wall. I tried not to leave her alone but it was bound to happen. I had to run to the grocer for more dog food, Dad was asleep in his chamber and Mom had taken Dameon to get his tux for prom. 

I was trying to decide between the ultra sweet marshmallow mateys or the uber healthy bran fiber cereal when my cell phone rings. It's Dad.
Julio: Miguel. Get to the hospital now. Bella overdosed on her prescription sleeping pills. The ambulance just left. 
I didn't even reply. I hung up my phone and left my cart full of groceries on the cereal isle. As I raced to County Care General, my only thoughts were of Bella.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


 
Miguel: I had them install some drapes and blinds to help with the sunlight. But ... it has some flaws. Just be careful around the door, I guess.
Bella's inheritance from her mother was able to pay off our old house loan plus put a nice size down payment on this new one. I will not feel guilty for spending every penny while Bella was in the hospital.  

Julio: I will survive, I always do. Look, Miguel. I understand why we moved from the old place but do you really think Bella needs the hassle of caring for this ... mansion?
Miguel: Wait, wait, wait. I don't expect Bella to do anything she doesn't want to. I wanted the best for HER and this place has everything she needs to make a full recovery. End of story.
Julio: But Dameon was just getting used to...
Miguel: I don't give a damn about him right now. Bella is coming home today and that is all I can think about right now.

Bella: It sure is ... big, Miguel. What if I get lost?
I start to chuckle as I turn Bella around to look at me.
Miguel: It has space, Bells. Space for puttering, meditating because the doctor says that is good for you and Dad is all for it. It even has a greenhouse.

Bella: A greenhouse?
I see the look of hopeful glee fill her face. Who knew something as simple as a garden could make my Bells so happy.
Miguel: Yea, a greenhouse with tons of vegetables and fruits to grow. Let's go inside and have a look.

Miguel: So, what do you think?
I watched as Bella turned slowly towards me. Please Watcher, don't let her go back into that pit of depression.
Bella: I think the house is beautiful, Miguel. Perfect, actually. 
I walked over and pulled her into my arms. I don't know how much longer I could hold on. I felt like I was being churned inside with a hand blender. I only knew of one thing that could help me forget all this stress for just a little while.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Vicki: I was so glad to get your text this afternoon.
Miguel: Uh huh.
Why was she still talking? I stroked myself against her warm and inviting body as my lips devoured hers. I felt her quick intake of breathe as I pushed her back against her door. I slide my hand up her ribs and squeezed her firm breast. My brain was so focused, it took me a moment to realize the girl was STILL talking.
Vicki: ... and I was thinking...
Miguel: Enough talking.
I turned the handle on the door and swung it open. I grabbed her ass and lifted so she would lock her legs around my hips. I kicked the door closed behind me and started for the bedroom as Vicki lustily tugged at my clothes.

Jasen: You're a filthy bastard, Miguel.
I heard the comment from across the drive as I was quietly closing Vicki's door. Jasen Lobos, Bella's long ago ex and my forever sworn enemy. I sauntered over to his door.
Miguel: What's that, Jasen? You still beating that dead horse?
Jasen: You NEVER deserved Bella's love. I can't see why she has stayed with you all this time. You think she doesn't know where you go when you are suppose to be working? 
Miguel: Eff you, Jasen.
Jasen: With her, you have it all and still you are over here banging that tramp, Vicki. You'll get your due, Miguel, have no doubt about that. 

 I seethed inside as I watched Jasen walk back into his house. The thing of it was, I was mad at myself ... because what he said was true. Damn him for making me realize it! And just because I hated the guy anyway, I stole Jasen's grill-inator.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment