Thursday, March 22, 2012

Gen 3: Chapter One

 My Dad seemed so pathetic as he tried to beg my mom to stay. In the end, she got her divorce. I can't say I was too upset, she always blamed me for the everything anyway.

I could see Dad was bad off so I manipulated him into getting a $40,000 loan so we could have some needed "change". Really, I was tired of living in that dump he and my grandpa had put together.
Dad spent most of his time sculpting in the attic of the new house. With the new loan, it was back to just scraping by. 
 Dad and I ignored each other. I hated him! Kya's guardian had moved and I had no way of getting in touch with her. It ate at my soul to be denied the one thing I really wanted. I did spend my free time hanging out with Bobby, though.

 In between school, Art Club, and scouring for rocks or metal to keep us from losing everything.
 
I started to think about MY future and what I wanted to do with my life. 
Then one sad day the Social Worker showed up. She totally freaked out and started yelling at my Dad.
The gist was that the state felt like we were neglecting Bobby. Yet again, one of the few things in my life that make me happy is being yanked away. I blamed my Father.
And to continue my poor excuse for a life story, Grim decides to show up. Dakota's death was hard for me too. Now it was me and the old man ... basically I was on my own.

 
This is why I found myself celebrating my passage into adulthood all alone. I started to think my life was doomed to melancholy.
 
 Mom was living on her own now. George had left her for a younger woman.
Sofia finally broke things off with Morty when he refused to commit to the relationship.
 And Mimi, now an adult like myself, is already engaged to an ugly guy named Kent.
My Dad disappears for midnight walks. He spins ridiculous tales of a magical, horned horse. I fear for his sanity most days. 
  
As for me, I am leaving behind the bonds that vampire-ism has put on me. I have decided to embrace this legacy just as my father always wanted.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment